Anthroposophic Medicine’s perspective on Health & Illness
- Each human being is a unique individual and needs to be treated accordingly.
- Scientific, artistic and spiritual insights need to be applied together in restoring health.
- Life has meaning and purpose. The loss of this sense is often reflected in a deterioration of health.
- Illness may provide opportunities for positive change and new balance in our lives.
- It allows the person with illness to take charge and to participate in his recovery.
Health is a harmonious interactions of the functions of the organism in the services of the soul and spiritual development of the human being.
Illness occurs when the integrative ability of the organism no longer works properly and certain functions, processes, organ systems drop out of their previously harmoniously coordinated context. Accordingly, Recovery and healing are processes of re- integration using medicinal, nursing, artistic, and psychotherapeutic means as well as, changes of life style,
How is Anthroposophic Medicine different from other healing modalities?
- AMS India is an integrative system that extends our understanding of conventional medicine. It recognises that man is a spiritual entity and has an individual biography and destiny.
- The life span or the biography of the person is divided into seven year epochs. These have a bearing of the genesis of health or illness – depending on how a person meets the challenges that occur.
- The constitutional types in school children– and how the School Doctor can advise the teachers.
- A new understanding of the physiological changes in children - 9 – year change and the 12 – year change – how the School doctor can advise.
- A new understanding of sleepand its significance.
- The premise that psychological illness have a physical basis
- The artistic therapies – like painting, clay workthat could be woven along with the remedies.
- The external treatments in the form of foot baths, compresses and massages
- Curative eurythmy - a form of movement therapy which brings in archetypal movements that have formed the human body to heal it illness.
USEFUL SITES -
http://cambase.dmz.uni-wh.de/CiXbase/camdb/index_en.html (Literature database for Complementary Medicine)
http://www.mistel-therapie.de/index.php5?page=91&lang=1 (Mistletoe Therapy)
Here you’ll find videos about Anthroposophic Medicine: